Not surprisingly, more and more experts are speaking out to defend Dr. Anthony Fauci.
These experts understand that Dr. Fauci “deserves our deepest gratitude and support” and is “our best hope in these challenging times.”
The Experts Defending Anthony Fauci
Harold Bauchner certainly wasn’t alone in stating his public support for Dr. Fauci.
“As 12,000 medical doctors, research scientists and public health experts on the front lines of COVID-19, the infectious diseases community will not be silenced nor sidelined amidst a global pandemic. Reports of a campaign to discredit and diminish the role of Dr. Fauci at this perilous moment are disturbing.”IDSA Statement in Support of Anthony Fauci, M.D.
The Infectious Disease Society of America issued their own statement.
“If we have any hope of ending this crisis, all of America must support public health experts, including Dr. Fauci, and stand with science.”IDSA Statement in Support of Anthony Fauci, M.D.
And so did the Association of American Medical Colleges, whose members comprise all 155 accredited U.S. and 17 accredited Canadian medical schools; nearly 400 major teaching hospitals and health systems, including 51 Department of Veterans Affairs medical centers; and more than 80 academic societies, with 173,000 faculty members, 89,000 medical students, 129,000 resident physicians, and more than 60,000 graduate students and postdoctoral researchers in the biomedical sciences.
“The AAMC is extremely concerned and alarmed by efforts to discredit Anthony Fauci, MD, our nation’s top infectious disease expert. Dr. Fauci has been an independent and outspoken voice for truth as the nation has struggled to fight the coronavirus pandemic….
Taking quotes from Dr. Fauci out of context to discredit his scientific knowledge and judgment will do tremendous harm to our nation’s efforts to get the virus under control, restore our economy, and return us to a more normal way of life.
America should be applauding Dr. Fauci for his service and following his advice, not undermining his credibility at this critical time.”AAMC Statement in Support of Anthony Fauci, MD
Hopefully Dr. Fauci knows how much the majority of people value his work and trust his opinions.
“We have been very fortunate to have Dr. Anthony Fauci at the helm directing infectious diseases research at NIH for so many years. His leadership and support of a rigorous scientific process has been critical to transforming HIV from a death sentence to a chronic condition, saving millions of lives worldwide. His voice and expertise need to be amplified not silenced if we are going to get control of the COVID-19 pandemic, which has now taken the lives of more than 135,000 Americans and more than 570,000 people worldwide.”HIV Medicine Association Stands with Science and Anthony Fauci, MD
And we know that the only way out of the COVID-19 pandemic is with our public health experts, like Anthony Fauci, leading the way.
“In his role as Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), Dr. Fauci has fostered a longstanding and productive collaboration with the ATS. He has faithfully served the American people through six presidential administrations, always providing sound, science‐based guidance to threats large and small. As we move forward to combat COVID‐19, his scientific knowledge, expertise, and counsel will continue to be of critical importance.”Statement by the ATS Executive Committee supporting Anthony S. Fauci, M.D., Director, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
As cases of COVID-19 once again surge, one thing is becoming clear:
“Science, not politics, must guide COVID-19 response“AIBS Supports Dr. Fauci
We can’t wish the SARS-CoV-2 virus away…
We need health experts like Anthony Fauci to help guide us through this. And we need people to listen to his advice.
More on Anthony Fauci
- Who Are the Real COVID-19 Experts?
- Why There is Still So Much COVID-19 Confusion
- What to Do if You Have Been Exposed to COVID-19
- What to Do if You Have Been Diagnosed with COVID-19
- Anthony Fauci: The Last American Hero?
- Fauci: ‘Bizarre’ White House Behavior Only Hurts the President
- Open Letter From JAMA Editor Bauchner
- IDSA Statement in Support of Anthony Fauci, M.D.
- American Association of Immunologists signs community letter in support of scientific and public health experts, like Dr. Anthony Fauci
- AAMC Statement in Support of Anthony Fauci, MD
- CSPI Letter in Support of Dr. Anthony Fauci and His Role in US COVID-19 Response
- HIVMA Stands with Science and Anthony Fauci, MD
- Statement by the ATS Executive Committee supporting Anthony S. Fauci, M.D., Director, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
- Position Statement: AIBS Statement of Support for Dr. Fauci
- ACP Supports the Use of Scientific Expertise to Stop the Spread of COVID-19
- ASM Defends Science-Based Health Policy in Letter to Executive Branch
- The ISSCR Expresses its Support for Top U.S. Infectious Disease Expert Dr. Anthony Fauci
- Former CDC heads: Trump undermining COVID-19 response
- Anthony S. Fauci Awarded the Highest Honor of the Association of American Physicians
- Dr. Fauci Receives Presidential Medal of Freedom
Last Updated on July 18, 2020 by Vincent Iannelli, MD